SEO Case Study
Premium Apple Authorized Service Provider
Our client, a Premium Authorized Service Provider approached us due to increased competition in their area. They had concerns about decreasing the number of leads Apple were providing them. Forced to adapt and pivot, they wanted to draw in more traffic from other sources such as Google.
They were awarded the ‘Premium’ status by Apple, which means the highest rankings in Customer Satisfaction. However, online customers are unaware of what a Premium provider means, and have a hard time differentiating between, regular service providers and unauthorized service providers.
Our goal was to help our client improve their branding, exposure, and online bookings in highly competitive areas within Toronto.
The client faced several challenges before starting the SEO project, including:
- Competitors ranking higher: Many with black-hat techniques or established long-term marketing.
- Low online visibility: The client’s website was not ranking high in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Poor website structure: Their website online had basic on-site optimization, making it difficult for search engines to rank their content higher.
- Limited website traffic: Low traffic, meant customers were headed to their competitor’s websites; resulting in few leads and sales.
- Inconsistent and low-quality Branding: The client has a premium status their image did not reflect that. Their websites and socials looked similar to many of their competitors.
- Too reliant on leads from Apple: While in their first years, they received 60% of their leads from Apple they saw a steady decline in leads throughout the years.
The SEO strategy implemented by the SEO team included the following key tactics:
- Reflect their Premium Brand: The client’s store, logos, and colors all had a high-end touch. However, their website did not. We created a new strategy and improved their web design to share consistency among their brand.
- Build Trustworthiness and Transparency: With most customer decisions made online, the client’s brand had no personal touch. The images on their website were all stock images. We had our photographers come in and take some team photos along with creating high-quality, original images for their website and social.
- Keyword & Content Research: The team conducted extensive keyword research to identify high-volume, low-competition keywords relevant to the client’s services. During our discussions, we realized that the majority of their customer sales were for “Macbook Repairs”. We made sure we created Pillar Page that revolved around this topic.
- On-Site (Website) Optimization: The team optimized the client’s website pages to include schema.org, location pages, targeted keywords, improve the website structure, and enhance user experience.
- Local SEO: We started off by adding and enhancing all their directories. We ensure that their NAP was consistent throughout all platforms. We then added more content posts, products, services, and more “Call-To-Action”. We benchmarked all their competitors and found more adding a review strategy would help boost their rankings.
- Content Creation: We created multiple Pillar Pages, and created resources and educational information about repairs on their website. We utilized our keyword strategy to ensure that local content was favored. Finally, we re-purposed the content through their directories and socials.
The SEO team executed the strategy over a period of six months. Key milestones achieved during the project included:
- Optimizing website content to include target keywords
- Improving website structure and navigation
- Generating multiple pages of content that ranked very quickly.
- Improving local SEO factors such as Google My Business listing and local directories
- Increasing traffic and bookings through our SEO & Call To Action strategy.
- One of the search keywords were able to rank right under Apple’s website.
New Pages Ranking
With the help of our Local SEO and Re-branding efforts, we were able to help our client:
- Gain more Exposure on Search Engines
- Differentiate themselves online as a premium service apart from their Competitors
- Establish trust and transparency leading to more customer actions.
- Fulfill Google’s algorithms in EEAT (Experience, Expertise, Authority, Trust) as a leading Premier Service Provider.
- Identify and insert new keyword opportunities to increase search rankings.
- Strategize and develop content articles, which some ended up ranking on the first page.
- Increase traffic and customer bookings