Google Search Console is a free tool offered by Google that helps website owners monitor, maintain and improve their website’s presence on Google search results. It provides a wealth of information that can be used to optimize the website and its visibility in search results.
The main reason why Google Search Console is important for a website is that it helps the website owners understand how their website is performing in terms of search engine optimization (SEO). This includes how often the website appears in search results, which keywords are used to find the website, how many clicks the website is receiving, and the position of the website in search results.
Google Search Console also provides information on any technical issues that may be affecting the website’s performance in search results. For example, it can alert website owners to broken links, crawl errors, and security issues that could prevent Google from indexing the website properly.
Moreover, Google Search Console provides valuable insights into how Google is crawling and indexing the website, and what changes, if any, need to be made to improve the website’s performance. This can help website owners make informed decisions about their website’s content and structure, and make changes to improve their search engine rankings.
Here is how you can set up your Google Search Console quickly:
- Go to the Google Search Console website: https://search.google.com/search-console
- Click the Start Now and Sign in to your Google account. If you don’t have one, you can create a new account.
- In the Welcome Screen: Add your full website to the Domain and click Continue
- A pop-up should appear showing you how to verify your website ownership. This can be done through various methods including adding a DNS record, uploading an HTML file, or linking from a Google Analytics account.
- Once verification is complete, you can start using the Google Search Console to monitor and maintain your website’s presence in Google search results.
- To connect Google Search Console to Google Analytics, go to your Google Analytics account and click on the “Admin” button in the bottom left corner.
- In the “Property” column, click on “Property Settings”.
- Scroll down to the “Search Console” section and click on “Adjust Search Console”.
- Select the site you just added to Google Search Console from the list and click “Save”.
And that’s it! You have successfully set up Google Search Console and connected it to your Google Analytics account.
Here are a few more important resources you need to know after you Google Search Console is setup:
Also Check out these reports taken from Google Search Console’s website:
Google Search Console is a critical tool for website owners looking to improve their website’s visibility in search results and drive more traffic to their website. It provides valuable insights and information that can be used to optimize the website and maintain its performance in search results.